ShareThis

Thursday 29 December 2011

Style Icons Of 2011


Well it’s nearing the end of the year (where has it gone?!) and I love looking back through the year and seeing who I believed to be my style icons of the past 12 months.... and who hasn’t cut the (bang on trend) mustard.




Always a fan – Diane Kruger seems to be constantly chic – whether it’s on the red carpet or on the streets of NY (I actually prefer her dressed down) I just want to be her. Maybe it’s the attendance of Joshua Jackson?!





I <3 Miranda Kerr, she’s my one and only girl crush. Another one who defeats pregnancy with cool style – how do these ladies do it?! Usually dressed in tiny shorts that makes my thunder thighs quiver, a simple tux blazer and basic tee it’s understated at it’s best.



Elle Fanning. She’s only 14. I’m pretty sure when I was 14 I was wearing cycling shorts and oversized t-shirts with sketcher trainers (and not the coolish ones!) or perhaps if I was feeling fancy - denim dungarees! Not Elle – she’s almost unbearably cool, and slightly grungy but in a polished way.



And just like marmite – Rachel Zoe. I know, I know – she’s like a lollipop – but you have to admire her audacity. Dramatic pussy bow blouse and leopard print coat – all when you weigh under 100lbs. That’s putting your neck on the line and I applaud you Ms Zoe!



But – it has to be said – my style Icon of 2011 goes to ..... drumroll please.... OLIVIA WILDE. The TRON star is now firmly on our radar thanks to her consistent ability to master girlie girl and grownup glamour seamlessly. Her look at Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week this January really cinched the deal; a masterclass in how to approach spring’s colour blocking trend if ever we’ve seen one. We can’t wait for more!

Love,


Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment