ShareThis

Tuesday 5 June 2012

A Rather Royal Affair!

Ok, so I'm not gonna lie but I was getting a little bit bored of the whole Jubilee bombardment.
But, there was something so endearing and patriotic about last night's Jubilee concert that I am a reformed soul and hunting down a pair of those Union Jack sunglasses...Anyone??? 

 There were so many high and surreal moments...shall we discuss Grace Jones and her hula-hoop skills? The woman is amazing! Or perhaps Rolf Harris and his impromptu sing-along session?





However, my favourite was (surprisingly to me?!?) Alfie Boe and Renee Flemming singing on the balcony of Buckingham Palace. It utterly blew me away, and yes I did applaud in my empty sitting room!

Sir Paul McCartney held his own pretty well also, as you would imagine. But I did have to draw the line at Sir Cliff Richards and his hideous grand-dad dancing. My head was screaming turn this over now, yet somehow I ended up watching the whole thing!

 It left me with a fuzzy patriotic glow and wondering wether or not we will all be sporting Queenie Chic this time next year...watch this space!


Image courtesy of ITV 


Love,


Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment