ShareThis

Friday 13 July 2012

Man Up the Don Draper Way...

A friend and I were recently having a chat about the very 'hot' summer we ladies are having
and by 'hot', I am in no way talking about the weather, but the steady stream of sexy men that the media has presented to us of late.

First there was Christian (Shades Of) Grey, who lets be honest, has had most of the female population going for more than one early night!. Then on Wednesday we had the pleasure of going to the cinema to watch Magic Mike (OMG, GO AND SEE IT!), and it was pretty much a packed house.

 My friend and I were jokingly making the point that the average man must really be feeling the pressure right now lol.... The more I think about it though, the more I wonder what is all this fantasy leading to?

 Do we now expect our men to not only be as experienced as Grey, buff as Channing Tatum and also have the dance moves to match?!

With Vogue forecasting the return of the masculine power suit for women in the seasons to come, as has happened before in times of financial extremes, I feel that the mood is becoming less Joan Holloway and more Don Draper.

Just one question? do we have the b**l's to pull it off?!



courtesy of vogue

Stella McCartney trouser suit




courtesy of the metro

Don showing us how it's done







Fiona x

No comments:

Post a Comment