ShareThis

Friday 7 September 2012

Dallas Days Are Here Again!

OK, OK, so I'm admitting to being a 70's girl at heart. My teenage icons were Bowie, Bolan, Stewart and Queen.

So you can guess how thrilled I was to see the return of Dallas this week. There they were again ....

J.R., Swellen and good ole Bobby. Admittedly, I was a bit sceptical at first, but the moment that familiar theme tune burst into action, I was a goner. Lump in the throat, tears in the eyes as I was wafted back to my time in London.

The hype and secrecy that surrounded the iconic "Who shot JR" storyline was fantastic. Everyone was speculating and gossiping. When the tapes (yes, tapes) were finally flown into Heathrow for the big reveal, the security was tighter than that of Royalty.

 Which eventually brings me to my actual point. Don't you still wish that you didn't know the ending till it happened? What IS the point of telling us all days in advance, and spoiling the surprise? What happened to mystery, intrigue, imagination and suspense? No wonder the TV ratings war ain't what it used to be........ Rant over.




Image Courtesy of:
http://caponcrack.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/who-shot-jr-ewing-or-great-sadness-of.html



Jilly x

No comments:

Post a Comment