ShareThis

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Help...

I've just realised the Festival Fringe ends in 13 days - and I don't feel I've got my fix of festival-ity...

I firmly believe that word of mouth is THE best way to find the best of the fest and so with that in mind I'd like to ask you - what have you been to see that is good? Or what have you been suggested to go and see?


Image courtesy of Billy Currie

I've been lucky enough to see 'The Boy with Tape on his Face' - I know it sounded ridiculous at the time - but with hindsight it was one of the better show choices I've made with regards to the fringe. A Chaplin-style comedy where a boy literally does sit with tape on his face for an hour. Especially good if you can muster the energy for the 9.40 show time...

I've got a couple of things in the schedule lined up such as Fork - an a capella group who do AMAZING unexpected covers which I am extremely excited about, and also Craig Hill (extremely crude but also guaranteed a laugh!) who I'm going to see tonight.

So please, help me out in my quest to be festival'd out by the end of August - what should I go see?! 

Love,

Laura

1 comment:

  1. I can thoroughly recommend "Bad Musical", which is on at 5pm at Gilded Balloon Teviot. It's basically an amazing musical, disguised as a bad one. Dancing is out of sync', the props break, the music comes on at the wrong time.
    The writing is genius, the music fabulous.
    I cried laughing, which has never happened to me before at a show, and my face hurt by the time it was over due to all the smiling and laughing.

    Hope that helps, and enjoy the Fringe!
    Gigi

    ReplyDelete